Analog IC Validation Intern
Analog Design Engineering team is looking for an Intern Validation Engineer who will validate functionality and characterize low-power analog converters, operational amplifiers, comparators, etc. using (non)-automated test procedures.
- Work with the IC Design Engineers to determine requirements for device post-silicon validation. Defines, develops, and/or acquires software and/or hardware tools in support of silicon validation efforts.
- Develop and execute validation test plans, design test boards, write automation test scripts and put together system configurations.
- Assist design engineers with characterization and functional testing to complete root cause failure analysis.
- Resolve silicon issues using logic analyzers and oscilloscopes.
- Provide qualification and characterization data to Product Test Engineering and accurately report all test failures using software tracking tools.
Required Skills And Qualifications:
- The position is open to students in 3rd / 4th year of study or Master students in Electronics (Microelectronics is a plus).
Basic knowledge about CMOS technology and layout of CMOS analog circuits
Basic knowledge about Spice-like analog simulators
Some exposure to developing a test environment and executing test plans against system level specifications
- Perform design of CMOS analog circuits that meet the Design Objective Specification, using dedicated software tools
- Involved in IC Layout Design and mask preparation
- Excellent problem solving skills, good written and verbal communication, and the ability to work across functional groups and organizations
- Good knowledge of English and good communications skills
Preferred Skills And Qualifications
Experience with schematic capture design tools, scripting languages such as PERL and Matlab;
Hands-on lab/debug experience.