NCG IO Design Engineer
Microchip MCU16 Business Unit is seeking a new college graduate (NCG) to join our IO design team. Our IO design team is responsible for designing and delivering fully characterized and functional IO pads for all our products. The NCG IO designer's duties include:
1. Assisting the IO design lead engineer to design and characterize ESD structures, and IO functional blocks
2. Run Hspice simulations to verify schematic design and create behavioral and timing models of IO pads
3. Use lab equipment such as power supplies, function generators and oscilloscopes to collect silicon data
4. Create IO library datasheets and IO design/characterization reports
5. Work with multi-discipline teams: chip design team, analog design team, layout team and silicon validation team
Master's or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with a emphasis in analog IC design
Experience should include: CMOS circuit design, circuit simulation, design verification, hands-on lab experience, and understanding of I/O circuits
Knowledge with Cadence IC design tools
Experience operating lab equipments
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Effective oral and written communications
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.