NCG IS Engineer
Reporting to the Europe IS Team Leader, the IS engineer provides support to Europe-wide employees for computer hardware, Operating Systems, applications and network problems.
- Maintain and administer the local Bucharest servers, Local Area Network and additional hardware, including NetApp and NetBackup devices;
- Support and administer the local company VOIP telephone system;
- Participate in Europe-wide projects to enhance and develop the Microchip IT infrastructure for all users;
- Assist with supporting and upgrading the desktops and laptops used by all staff;
- Provide first line support to users Europe-wide
- Be responsible for IT equipment forecast, acquisition and maintenance.
The eligible candidate must have University Degree in Computer Science or Electronics, and knowledge of the following:
- Networking and general hardware knowledge;
- Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS Outlook;
- Some experience in data center maintenance and support, Linux OS commands, Windows OS abilities; MAC OS knowledge can be a plus;
- Programming/scripting abilities;
- Great customer service skills and team player attitude;
- Good communication and problem solving skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Common sense and logic.