NCG Metrology Engineer
Colorado Springs, CO
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION
Calibration tasks will be performed in the Metrology Lab with the use of Microchip’s Test and Measurement Equipment (TME) and assorted metrology tools. This person will also be required to assist the Senior Metrology Technician in order to improve turn-around time for other scheduled metrology activities. Other job functions in the Process Engineering group can be added such as SIMS and SRP
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
A schedule of incoming equipment per a Fluke Met/Team software program will be presented daily. Calibration and maintenance of TME equipment will be completed accordingly.
Other duties in support of the Metrology Lab will be assigned as needed.
This position is an opportunity to learn new skills and obtain knowledge to support the Metrology Lab and the Microchip site. It is a development opportunity for those who desire to find ways to expand their expertise and experience levels to increase their value to the organization.
- Perform calibration on Test and Measurement Equipment (TME) with traceable standards by comparison to detect, report, correlate, and adjust Microchip’s TME tools. This includes the calibration of physical dimensional tools, (calipers, micrometers, dial indicators etc.), pressure and vacuum measurements, Mass Flow Controllers (MFC’s), electrical tools (meters, oscilloscopes, power sensors, frequency counters, signal generators etc.), temperature and humidity indicators and any other piece of TME in the Microchip arsenal.
- Be able to read calibration procedures which contain information on equipment and standards needed that identify acceptable tolerance of each piece of equipment.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs when needed to complete calibrations.
- Ability to identify inconsistencies and abnormalities in the functioning of the test and measuring equipment.
- Maintain equipment calibration control systems by providing recall notices, equipment data by control numbers, location, and equipment history files using the Fluke Met/Team software program.
- Flexible in meeting equipment emergencies and substituting critical equipment needs.
Full-time Metrology Engineer Position, 1st shift
Education and/or Experience
BS Degree or higher desired
Experience in analytical chemistry, with working knowledge of characterization techniques: secondary ion mass spectroscopy (SIMS), X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), and Spreading resistance profiling (SRP) with semiconductor materials and/or ancillary technical experience is helpful but not necessary. Metrology Measurement System Analyzes (MSA), SixSigma, JMP
- Applicants must be in good standing in their current employment position with no quality or disciplinary issues.
- Ability to be self-directed and work in a team-oriented environment.
- Mechanical aptitude for analyzing and repairing problems with equipment.
- Able to effectively prioritize and multitask on projects, and be objective on a continuous basis.
- Good analytical and communication skills required.
- Fundamental understanding of basic quality systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Power Point, and Word.
Be able to communicate clearly in English speech, writing, data and report presentation, e-mail communications and meetings
CRITICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Many tasks are highly valuable to the organization, but may be repetitive and physically demanding.
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.