Engineer II -Software
Req ID: I994-21Apply Now Back to Search
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microchip products are at the heart of millions of consumer devices and networks, and we are looking for an exceptional person to join our software team.
The right candidate would be the one with high level of motivation possessing high level of firmware/software expertise and capable/aspire to lead a firmware team if required. This position requires developing firmware/software following SDLC for custom products within USB and Networking group, hands on coding, lead the technical architecture of the product, solves technical challenges faced by the team, review design artifacts including source code generated by other team members. Prior experience in leading a team is good to have and not must have as long as the aspiring candidate is looking for leadership challenges going forward.
Required Experience - 2 to 4 years
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in ECE or CSE or EEE
- The candidate should be very strong in C programming in an embedded environment
- Working experience with any one or more of 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit micro controllers
- Working experience with Peripheral Interfaces like SPI, I2C, UART etc.
- To be able to work as an individual contributor and also as an effective team player
- Good Communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Act as an individual contributor, actively involved in the development of customer centric solutions and products that involves development of firmware and/or drivers
- Actively take part in technical discussions, brainstorming and Code Reviews, etc.
- Should be a self-motivated individual, expected to be interacting with cross functional teams located across the globe
- Able to create unit and system level test cases for the modules being developed
- Getting involved during all the phases of product life cycle, right from requirement gathering, Module Design, Implementation, Release and sustenance
- Understanding of one of more of the following protocols: Ethernet, USB, USB Power Delivery
- Expertise on Dynamic Debugging Tools like JTAG debuggers
- Knowledge on RTOS / Linux / Windows System Programming
- Experience with Logic Analyzers, protocol analyzers, oscilloscopes and other embedded software development tools
- Knowledge of Assembly language Programming