Engineer I-Corporate Apps (NCG)
Req ID: INCG36-21ABApply Now Back to Search
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
The Corporate Applications Engineer (CAE) is a Microchip applications engineer providing technical support to customers, clients, distributors, and representatives. The CAE is knowledgeable and skilled in Microchip products and solutions to guide the customer on selecting, using and troubleshooting products which best fit their requirements. The CAE enables customer self-sufficiency by writing knowledge base articles, application notes, user’s guide, and developing and presenting training. his person will work closely with Microchip FAE, Sales and Marketing teams to provide pre and post sales support and solutions to customers. The CAE is passionate about making customers succeed in the marketplace.
The CAE would be required to:
- Provide technical support to Microchip customers.
- Develop and deliver technical training to Microchip customers and technical sales channels.
- Assist Microchip FAE team and key customers to deliver innovative HW & SW solutions.
- Work closely with Microchip Sales, Marketing & Engineering teams worldwide to develop differentiating hardware and software solutions.
- Write Application Notes, White Papers and Technical Briefs.
- Develop sample code, reusable software library and proof of concept.
- Participate in industry trade shows and showcase Microchip solutions.
- Hands-on knowledge of programming 32-bit processors in C/C++ language
- Experienced in developing embedded software using professional Integrated Development Environment and hardware debugger & simulator tools.
- Knowledge of one or more communication software stacks such as TCP/IP, USB, BLE, and ZigBee.
- Knowledge of USB, UART, SPI, I2C, ADC, CAN, PWM, and other microcontroller peripherals.
- Hands-on experience in using oscilloscope, logic analyzer, digital multi-meter, soldering iron and other tools.
- Hands-on experience in designing & troubleshooting digital circuits using microcontrollers.
- Team player with good presentation & task management skills.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electronics with a minimum of 1 year of experience.