Req ID: I1220-21Apply Now Back to Search
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Internship position available for Pre-Silicon Emulation group in 32-bit Microcontroller business unit. Candidate will be required to understand Cortex M based product’s peripheral architecture and operation. Candidate will get an opportunity on working on new and turnkey product solutions that Microchip will be developing for its global customers. Candidate will be required to use MPLAB X based ecosystem and develop an automated test and validation test framework using C language primarily intended to be used during pre-silicon SoC emulation using FPGA. Candidate will get hands on experience on developing an automated functional test suites using FPGA based end target device. Candidate will be expected to support on-going automation and production regression test infrastructure maintenance and upgradation. Candidate will required to design and develop PC/Linux side tools that acts as Host environment for automated test infrastructure.
- Knowledge of 32-bit microcontrollers architecture and commonly used peripherals (GPIO, Clock, Timer, I2C, SPI and UART)
- Knowledge of 32-bit based Cortex M CPU based MCU will be preferred
- Excellent understanding of C language concepts such as data and function pointers, structures and linked lists.
- Knowledge of Python is required
- Knowledge on automated build tools such as Jenkins will be added plus point
- Should be comfortable working with FPGA based hardware
- Aptitude with Problem troubleshooting and debugging
- Curiosity and an investigative attitude will be an added plus point