Engineer II - Applications
Req ID: I1253-21ABApply Now Back to Search
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Develop, Maintain and Validate Embedded C based code for 32-bit microcontrollers.
· Develop Test Suites to validate Middleware Libraries and Drivers for Microcontroller Peripherals such as Clock System, Timer, ADC, DAC, UART, SPI, I2C, etc.
· Develop, Facilitate and Maintain MPLAB Harmony Peripheral, Core and Middleware library test suites.
· Explore test automation possibilities for MPLAB Harmony Peripheral, Core and Middleware library test suites..
· Develop, facilitate, and maintain Test Automation tools for evolving testing needs.
· Collaborate across divisions and functional teams to facilitate continuous improvement in quality.
· Author test documents and related collateral.
· Share knowledge, experiences, and best practices to cultivate a culture of quality.
· BE/B-Tech degree in Electronics & Telecommunications, Embedded Systems, Computer Science.
· 2-4 years of experience in Embedded Applications / Driver Development.
· Should possess strong Microcontroller Applications Development and Debugging skills.
· Should possess strong Embedded C language skills.
· Should be comfortable working Embedded IDEs and Tool chains.
· Should have proven work experience working with common microcontroller peripherals.
· Should have experience in different stages Software Development Life Cycle.
· Should be comfortable working with hardware and using hardware debugging tools.
· Self-motivated with strong communication and teamwork skills with the ability drive solutions.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook).
· Should possess a process-oriented development and operation mindset.
· A strong aptitude for testing and software quality
· Experience with Python, Shell Scripting, Linux OS is preferred
· Hands-on Experience in validation of APSICE Level 1 to Level 3 software is preferred.
· Strong presentation skills and ability to work with global teams is a plus.