Engineer II, Characterization
Req ID: I1386-21Apply Now Back to Search
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
You will join the silicon characterization team to execute characterization and have an opportunity to understand in depth new Flash FPGA and SoC architectures. You will work closely with silicon design engineers, software engineers and technology development engineers to ensure that the company deploys new products with the highest quality and shortest time to market. This position will provide the opportunity to work on multiple projects supporting key functions within the organization. Good communication and presentation skills are required.
- Characterization of Digital and Mixed-signal designs
- Associated design and firmware development
- Verification of Microsemi’s timing and Power analysis tools
- Correlation of pre-silicon results with silicon measurements
- Characterization spec, plan, and documentation
- Cross-functional team interfacing and collaboration in all activities
Required Skills and Experience:
- MSEE with 1-3 years of experience in product characterization or silicon validation with emphasis on digital and mixed-signal
- Experience in characterization of SoC, PLL, Oscillators, etc.
- Experience in working in a laboratory environment, familiarity with using lab equipment such as logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, function generators, etc.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals including CMOS device operation and characteristics
- Knowledge of board design fundamentals and signal integrity
- Experience with Verilog or VHDL
- Exposure to firmware Development on ARM (or similar) microcontrollers or processors
- Exposure with automated characterization flows to maximize use of equipment
- Working knowledge of at least 1 of the following languages: Java/ C/C++, Visual Basic and/or Perl
- Initiative (self-motivated, self-confident, self-driven, self-learning, always striving for excellence)
- Commitment (responsible, responsive, commit to winning)
- Solid functional and technical skills
- Work quality ("do it right the first time", attention to detail, good documentation)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Must have strong self-learning ability, leadership, and enjoy working in teams
- Knowledge of JTAG protocol highly desirable
- Working knowledge of SOC and/or FPGA Architectures
- Analog and mixed signal circuit design. Working experience with analog and/or digital systems is an advantage
- Knowledge of FPGA design synthesis and routing associated with Microsemi (Libero), Xilinx (ISE), or Altera (Quartus) tools