Engineer I-Technical Writer
Req ID: I1539-21Apply Now Back to Search
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
The Frequency and Timing Division (FTD) of Microchip Technology is a global team who are leading developers of accurate GNSS clocks and time synchronization solutions that enable synchronization of advanced networks and services. Installed in over 80 countries, these solutions are used to provide critical timekeeping in national power grids, enterprise, telecommunications, civilian and military networks.
We are looking for a bright, dynamic, detail-orientated and highly flexible individual to join our FTD Wellington team as a Technical Writer.
As a member of our Development Team, you’ll be supporting our business unit by working alongside another technical writer and engineers who are involved in the design and implementation of new and existing products. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to create application notes, user guides, data sheets, and other technical collateral.
You may be just starting your career or have some experience, and this is an excellent opportunity to learn and develop your skills including:
- Creating documentation – writing, editing, formatting and illustrating technical end-user documentation.
- Validating information – working with cross-functional teams to ensure technical accuracy and quality standards.
- Managing deliverables – working with cross-functional teams to estimate project scope, gather data, track milestones, communicate progress, mitigate risks, and produce documentation that meets customer documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts in written form.
- Willingness to work in a challenging and engaging environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, accountability, and professional development.
- A formal tertiary qualification with a Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Engineer being beneficial, or relevant experience in technical writing
- A strong attention to detail, decision making and organisational skills
- Excellent written, grammar and communication skills
- An ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles
- Experience with DITA, and SDL Tridion Docs or any other XML or component content management system
- Experience with Visio or Illustrator
- Exposure to manufacturing or engineering environments