Senior Engineer II-Test Product
Req ID: I162-22Apply Now Back to Search
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
- Product Health Improvement (yield and quality)
- Test Cycle Time Reduction
- Understand Tests specifications
- Product Data Characteristics Test and procedures
- Cost optimization through standardization, simplification and rationalization of operation
- Reduces LRR through Root Cause Analysis and resolution of Yield issues / QC reject.
- Performs engineering performance appraisals (E.g., Merit Increase, bonuses, promotions if in team leader role.
- Creates, reviews and reports performance indicators.
- Conceptualizes, drives and executes projects.
- Mentors, coaches and develops junior engineers and technicians.
- Review specification compliance and represents product engineering during audits.
- Characterize, checkout, qualify and release test program to production.
- Coordinates and drives customer complain activities for 8D resolution.
- Executes reject validation (If any) and performs data analysis for product reliability.
- Maintains and updates tests specifications.
- Qualifies, releases and maintains new product, test program and hardware for production use.
- Qualifies and supports additional locations for Fab, Assembly and Test.
- Converts, increase parallelism, reduce test time, qualify and eliminate test insert.
- Ensures Test Flows, Test Times, Plan yield and/or Control yield are updated.
- Maintains Product Data Characteristics to support test.
- Provides timely disposition on Hold Lots, RMAs, Recertification Lots
- Collects and analyze test data.
- For specification and quality related duties, refer to QRJR online.
- Metrics monitoring and reporting.
- Project management. (If in team leader role)
- Supervision of Engineers and technicians. (If in team leader role)
- Customer audits.
- Test program management
- Customer complaints and returns management and support.
- Reliability of products
- New product introduction
- Knowledgeable in semiconductor
- Knowledgeable in software programming (C++) and hardware architecture.
- With good English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Supervisory skills.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and problem methodologies.