Senior Technician II - Quality
Req ID: 145-22Apply Now Back to Search
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Failure Analysis team members perform fault isolation and root cause failure analysis of devices submitted by Yield Enhancement, Product, Customer Quality, Reliability, Design or Process/Technology Development Engineering. This role involves electrical characterization and localization of the failure, physical analysis to determine the exact failure mechanism. Failure Analysis team members develop techniques to root-cause our more advanced process node devices and work with internal customers and partners.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 15yrs+ experience or AAS Degree in a technical field plus 10yrs experience working in failure analysis role.
- Experience with lab equipment such as power supply, digital multi-meter, and oscilloscope is required.
- Direct hands-on experience with Helios SEM/FIB Platform
- FIB cross section analysis at package and die level
- Probe windows and circuit editing using Knights Camelot CAD navigation software on Thermo Fisher dual systems
- Optical imaging using standard microscopes
- SEM imaging and analysis
- X-ray imaging
- EDS systems tool experience
- Plasma, chemical and mechanical parallel layer de-processing
- Familiar with Allied High Tech Products X-Mill for backside and package de-processing
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Device understanding of circuit elements including: transistors, diodes, capacitors, and resistors
- Knowledge of electrical circuits
- Understanding of integrated circuit processing
- Overall knowledge of IC layout and design
- Ability to read, understand, and implement information found in device datasheets
- Problem solving skills and the ability to reach logical conclusion given a set of facts
- Intellectual curiosity