Engineer II - CAD DA
Req ID: I249-22Apply Now Back to Search
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microchip’s Corporate Design Automation (DA) team in Chennai is looking for a Software Engineer to work on a variety of Design IP Management Solutions. A successful candidate for this role will be responsible for ensuring the upkeep of Microchip’s design IP Catalog, developing the automation necessary to acquire and disseminate design IP from various vendor portals, interacting with various design stakeholders across the globe to collect IP information and train them on the use of the design IP Catalog, and enhance the IP Catalog infrastructure, among other tasks related to the management of design IPs. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong attention to detail, an ability to multitask, and work independently and/or as part of a team as the situation demands. Additional expectations of the role include:
- Ability to interpret and extract business terms from IP license agreements for cataloging purposes.
- Understand enough about how to navigate various design formats e.g. System Verilog, GDSII, CDS, Spice etc, design hierarchies, and design repositories such as Git, ICManage, Perforce, SVN etc, to be able to extract the remaining information necessary for the IP Catalog.
- Assist with the development or creation of processes to ensure IP contractual compliance.
- Work with BU partners to demonstrate how to register their IPs in the IP Catalog and assist them with the building of their product’s manifest, and provide necessary automation as required.
- Investigate and assist with the automation of NDA requests to facilitate sharing of external IP with EDA vendors
- Assist with the porting of IP information from various internal catalogs to the Master IP Catalog.
Qualified applicants will possess the following skills:
- Self-starter with very good analytical skills
- Good knowledge on electronics fundamentals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of either Python or Perl
- Working knowledge on both Linux and Windows environments.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge on GUI design would be a plus
- Exposure to Java based microservices would be a plus
Education: B.E / B.Tech / M.E / M.Tech in ECE / EEE
Experience: 2 – 3 yrs