Sr/Pr. Design Engineer – MCU32 Emulation
Req ID: I334-22Apply Now Back to Search
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Reporting to the Emulation manager you will be part of the Emulation team within the MCU32 Design department. As a design engineer in Emulation, you will predominately perform system level emulation for various SoC based on current 32bits microcontrollers. You will be required to design and develop system use cases and scenario with a sole intent of uncovering defects in SoC under development. You will need to adhere & support various project technical requirement & improvements in SoC emulation that enables MCU32 Design team in uncovering critical issues at the pre-silicon stage which is vital for the MCU32 design team to achieve Correct by construction design goal.
- Actively participate to the design and development of new 32bits microcontrollers.
- Actively participate in SoC product specification reviews
- You will also experience a strong international cooperation within emulation team as well as with the other design teams of the Design department.
- Develop System level emulation plan and execute those plans seamlessly for SoC under development
- Automate build and functional emulation tests suites wherever feasible
- Use FPGA platform for system level emulation
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems encountered while executing the system emulation test plan.
- Architect and implement all possible improvements that lead MCU32 Design towards Correct By Construction goal
- Architect and implement protocol transactors to support FPGA stimulus
- Perform ASIC simulation to understand the defects in SoC design and be able to present the findings to worldwide geographically separated teams
Qualifications, Experience & Attributes
- MSEE/MTECH(EE) with 8+ years or BSEE with 10+ years of industry experience
- Hands-on experience on Embedded software development with a view of system level applications of general purpose 32bit MCUs
- Proficient in Embedded ‘C’ programming
- Able to extract high level requirements from product definition document and develop emulation plan for SoC
- Has hands-on experience in using version control tool, knowledge on Git will be added advantage
- Able to understand hardware schematic
- Able to use Hardware tools such as logic analyzer, oscilloscope, programmer, debuggers etc.
- Knowledge on Python will be added advantage
- Good collaboration skills in troubleshooting technical problems
- Strong hands-on knowledge in Embedded ‘C’
- Strong understanding of system level applications of general purpose 32bit MCU
- Strong understanding of basic peripherals such as I2C, UART, SPI, Timers, ADC, DAC etc.
- Hands on experience in working on 32bit MCU, preferably with Cortex M0+/M3/M4/M7/M23/M33
- Good understanding of Cortex M DAP and SWD interface
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in Security peripherals such as PUF, AES, ECC curve cryptography will be added advantage
- Awareness of ASIC simulation will be added advantage
- Awareness of System Verilog will be added advantage
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge on scripting language such as Python, Perl for control of data and database environment will be added advantage
- Able to communicate fluently in English language