Senior Manager - Verification Engineer
San Jose, US
Req ID: 556-22Apply Now Back to Search
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microchip Technology is looking for a qualified candidate to join our team as a Sr. Verification Engineering Manager. This individual will be responsible for managing a team that is responsible for pre-silicon verification of wide range of Enterprise Flash Controller SoC product family. They will also work with cross functional teams to define product goals , deliverables and drive the team for successful tape-out. They will also provide technical and objective management leadership in developing an industry best in class verification team in different geo-graphical locations.
- Manage and drive team priorities to plan, develop and execute the pre-silicon verification test methodologies, test benches and testcases.
- Develop product schedules and track the progress to achieve predictable tape-out timelines.
- Drive continuous innovation in the pre-silicon verification methodologies to improve productivity and quality.
- Develop training and development plans for all engineers.
- Guide 1st level managers to build strong verification team in different geographical locations.
- BSEE / BSCS or equivalent. MSEE / MSCS preferred.
- 12+ years related experience in pre-silicon verification with complex SOC devices.
- Solid knowledge and experience of Testbench development using System Verilog and UVM.
- Proven independent technical project leadership skills across departments with good communication skills.
- Prior experience as a team lead or manager.
- In-depth knowledge of NVMe , PCIe , ONFI, DDR4/5 protocols.
- Experience in scripting language such as PERL/Python is a plus.
- Experience and Knowledge of current Emulation Technologies is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.