Principal Engineer-ASIC Design
Req ID: 628-22Apply Now Back to Search
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
As a Principal Engineer - Design (ASIC) in the Microchip Data Center Solutions group, you will get hands-on experience developing our next generation of storage controller SOC products. This will involve taking a design from initial concept to production form. Throughout you will work beside experienced engineers and be exposed to Microchip’s Best-In-Class engineering practices. Working side-by-side with some of the brightest minds and most innovative people in the industry, you won't just fill a position, you will be given an opportunity to work on a team where your contributions matter. As a Principal Engineer - Design (ASIC), you will be responsible for design, verification, emulation, and/or validation of digital integrated circuits at the block level, top level, and/or solution level. You will be challenged and encouraged to discover the power of innovation. Microchip fosters continuous learning in a challenging and rewarding environment. If this sounds like the kind of environment you'd like to participate in, we'd like to hear from you!
Job responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Pre-silicon design and verification
- Emulation and debug of the IP and solution
- Post-silicon integration, bring-up, and validation
- Learning and dynamically applying knowledge of the SoC, protocols and standards.
- Effectively presenting technical information to small teams of engineers.
The role and responsibilities will grow with the individual candidate's skills and interests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 8.5 - 12 years of relevant industry experience or a Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Has worked on an RTL Design from concept to physical layout
- Prior experience in IC and multicore SoC designs
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal), and documentation skills
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience with Verilog/System Verilog and/or VHDL is required
- Experience with the ASIC design and/or verification flow is required
- Experience with protocols and interfaces is an asset (PCIe, NVME, SAS, DDR)