Principal Engineer-Digital Design (DSP)
Req ID: 682-22Apply Now Back to Search
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
The Automotive Information Systems (AIS) BU of Microchip has a broad portfolio of automotive networking products and has been a leader in the automotive space for more than 20 years.
AIS develops networking and related ICs for a broad range of applications ranging from 10 Mbps to 12.5 Gbps speed grades. AIS products are found in more than 250 car models. In addition to the automotive industry, AIS has several products in industrial market. AIS has been a leader in several new technologies over the last 20 years and has been providing long lasting products in the rigorous automotive market. We place great emphasis on working right first-time design methodology and delivering on schedule.
AIS has a Principal Engineer – Digital Design (DSP) opening based in Austin TX. The successful candidate will be responsible for development of complex ICs for automotive serial communication products. The candidate must be self-motivated, high quality-minded, thorough technical expertise in ASIC design and architecture, and have excellent communication skills to excel in a global team environment.
• Take ownership of main functional blocks or complete chip design and contribute through various phases of the ASIC design process – Micro-architecture, RTL design, simulation, synthesis and post-silicon debugging/Testing
• Clear and complete documentation of the design blocks and follow requirement tracking through the product development process
• Responsible for IP blocks or chip integration for mixed-signal ICs
• Interface with and support cross functional teams such as marketing, applications, FPGA testing, post-silicon validation, product and test engineering and other design organizations
• Work in the lab for post silicon bring-up, silicon debug, support product validation and ATE test development.
• When needed, lead a chip from chip micro-architecture, implementation to tape-out and silicon bring-up
• When needed, support and work with the physical design engineer on placement, CTS and place & Route
• BSEE/MSEE with minimum 8.5+ years of experience in IC digital design
• Must have worked on multiple IC’s, taped-out and in production
• Must be proficient in design flow such as micro-architecture, RTL coding, debugging, simulation, clocks and constraints for synthesis and static timing analysis (STA)
• Familiar with Linux shell scripting, Perl, Tcl, Makefile and revision management
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work efficiently with global teams and across different cultures
• Knowledge of Ethernet physical layers (i.e. IEEE 802.3)
• Knowledge of Ethernet interfaces such as MII and RMII
• Knowledge of networking protocols (e.g. Ethernet IEEE 802.1, TCP/IP)
• Knowledge of interfaces commonly found on microcontrollers (SPI, I2C, UART, I2S, USB)
• Digital communication system background with familiarity of DSP algorithms and Matlab