Senior Engineer I-Digital Design
Req ID: 694-22Apply Now Back to Search
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
As a SoC Design Engineer, you will be responsible for SoC database integration and for developing and maintaining some key SoC system IPs. Your capability to understand all the constraints and performance requirements in the different SoC is essential.
You will report to the local SoC design manager and will have to interact to SoC leads within your team or from others design sites.
You will Work with post silicon validation, architecture, applications, and design teams to understand module and system requirements.
1. BSc or BEng in Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
2. 5+ year experience with System-on-chip design
3. Knowledge in using Unix based systems
4. Verilog / System Verilog RTL design
5. Knowledge in Cadence/Mentor simulation suite.
6. MCU embedded software development (C-based).
7. ARM Microprocessor / Microcontroller experience is preferred.
8. Perl/python and other scripting or software languages for control of data and database environment.
9. Strong problem solving, analytical and debugging skills
10. Must be organized, self-motivated and passionate
11. Part time working from home is possible
1. Good communication skills in writing and speaking English
2. Working effectively with other design teams (Architecture, IP development, Design Implementation, Physical design Team), as well as other engineering teams (Product Engineering, Applications)
3. Capability to work and exchange efficiently with multiple design sites worldwide (US, India, France). Some travels might be required
4. Strong orientation for continuous improvement and methodology development though design flow excellence.
5. Self starting learner – can keep up to date on new technologies and products