Req ID: 728-22TApply Now Back to Search
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 8.5 years of knowledge and experience in embedded systems design
- Product and Application support for 32-bit MCU Product Families
- Work closely with Architecture, Design, Product & Test, and Marketing in all phases of new 32-bit microcontroller product development
- Develop and write collaterals such as Data Sheets, Application Notes, Tech Briefs, and Technical Articles for 32-bit microcontrollers
- Develop and present technical training (webinars, hands-on workshops, etc) to customers, Field Applications Engineers and Field sales
- Assist large account design activities, working directly with customers and field support team
- Technical customer visits
- Manage and coordinate multiple projects that run simultaneously
Responsibilities and prerequisites in each critical area is described below:
Embedded Software Engineering:
Applicant should have experience writing embedded software for 32-bit MCUs. The applicant may be tasked to maintain preexisting software libraries and demos, as well as to write new libraries and demo applications. Experience with the C/C++ programming language is a primary requirement. Experience with the following software stacks is desired but not mandated: USB, Crypto, Graphics, TCP/IP.
Applicant should have experience designing and debugging digital circuit. Applicant will be tasked to create demo applications that illustrate capabilities of Microchip MCUs and software stacks. Such demo applications would naturally include both hardware and software elements.
Applicant should have experience writing instructional tutorials as well as documentation for customers, including but not limited to: demo applications, development boards, and software libraries.
Analog experience. Knowledge/experience in system hardware design - power management, clock/reset, memory/storage management, various inter-chip communication interface/protocol/timing and firmware development. Familiar with microprocessor/ microcontroller architectures is required