Senior Engineer I-Computer System
Req ID: 781-22Apply Now Back to Search
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
~ This position is open to the following US locations: AZ-Chandler, CA-San Jose, CA-Garden Grove, CO-Colorado Springs, MA-Beverly, MA-Lowell, MA-Lawrence, NY-Hauppauge, PA-Mount Holly Springs, OR-Gresham, TX-Austin ~
Microchip Technology, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Engineer I - Computer Systems (Infrastructure Systems Engineer) to join our global team and will be responsible for daily system administration and infrastructure projects on a global scale. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting manufacturing and lab environments, understand how to manage multiple domains and forests interlocked with a combination of one and two-way trusts, and have a solid grasp of Microsoft Applications and Operating Systems.
- Daily administration for Microsoft Windows Servers, Active Directory, VMware and Office 365/Exchange.
- Work closely with manufacturing customers to safely and effectively migrate production lines and lab systems from legacy domains to our consolidated domains.
- Participate in information services, infrastructure, and security projects.
- Provide solutions to resolve issues related to information security, group policy management, identity management, user access authentication, authorization, user provisioning, and role-based access control.
- Maintain multi-forest, multi-domain environment with an eye towards security and reducing complexity.
- Provide procedures and configuration documentation used in troubleshooting, setup, and maintenance of systems.
- Work alongside other team members, teams, vendors, and customers to provide timely resolutions to technical challenges.
- Work some nights and weekends as required for critical events affecting production environments.
- Provide on-call level 2 support 1-2 weeks per quarter (8 hour shifts, no overnights).
- Position may require travel to other Microchip locations (post-pandemic).
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience to successfully perform the essential duties.
- 5+ years technical project experience designing, developing, integrating, and implementing solutions to resolve complex technical and business issues.
- 5+ years of Windows Server administration.
- 5+ years of Active Directory management experience.
- Coding experience and proficiency in PowerShell.
- Must be able to perform duties with little to no direct supervision.
- This job requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by the export laws of the United States. Candidates are required to provide proof of either US citizenship, Permanent US residency or classification as a protected individual as defined in 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
- MCSA or MSCE Certification helpful.
- VMware (building VMs, adjusting resources).
- Azure, Azure AD, Office 365, Exchange Online management.
- Working knowledge of network architecture, DMZ management.
- Experience with IT integration of company acquisitions and/or mergers.
- Evaluating and implementing new hardware and software solutions and managing vendor support.
- Knowledge of Red Forest Design / Enhanced Security Administrative Environment and implementation.
- Authentication Services such as Okta, ADFS.
- Exposure to NIST, CMMC, ITAR/CUI, or other Department of Defense IT controls.