Intern - Engineering
Colorado Springs, CO
Equipment Engineering Internship
- Provide equipment engineering project support in the Dry Etch area of a specialty products semiconductor manufacturing facility. Support will consist of equipment and equipment component optimization, execution of engineering experiments and problem diagnosis, including data analysis and failure mode detection techniques. This equipment engineering internship creates an opportunity for Microchip to build our talent pipeline which in turn equips us to meet our current organizational needs and enables us to realize our future vision. Our people help differentiate us in the marketplace, deliver our current success and realize our future organizational capability.
- Daily activities would be working with an equipment engineer or technician to make progress on projects important to meet our production and quality goals.
- Sourcing and evaluating mechanical components in terms of functionality, repair possibilities, refurbishment, or modifications to improve performance or component life.
- Gathering data and analyzing component lifetime. Understanding failure mechanisms and determining predictors to prevent unplanned downtime.
- Assisting with Supply Chain management.
- Developing procedures or specifications to improve equipment reliability.
- Work with minimal oversight by an engineer, able to get oriented quickly with a project to make meaningful progress independently.
- Business maturity, creativity and the ability to influence and deliver high quality results that support the business objectives. Looking for individuals who leverage exceptional analytical skills, excellent judgment, a high-quality orientation, and strong communication skills and who gets things done.
- Experience with prior hardware projects in engineering courses highly recommended.
- Knowledge of semiconductor fabrication and processing areas at submicron dimensions, specifically Thin Films deposition is desirable.
- Ability to work with sub-micron measurement equipment such as SEM's (Scanning Electron microscopes) and Optical Registration measurement tools (Ex. KLA, IVS, Bio-Rad) is desirable.
- Ability to use statistical and/or appropriate software tools (Excel, JMP, SPACE, etc.) for data analysis related to equipment deviations and equipment performance.
- Ability to learn and develop expertise in new software applications specific to Microchip manufacturing, automation, and control systems.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment.
Currently enrolled in a four-year engineering program such as mechanical, electrical, or other similarly oriented program.
The position is first shift, Monday through Friday.
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.