International Tax Manager
Microchip Technology Incorporated is a leading supplier of field-programmable embedded control solutions by delivering a broad spectrum of innovative microcontrollers, analog, mixed-signal and security products, wired and wireless connectivity products, related non-volatile memory products and Flash-IP solutions.
We are currently searching for an International Tax Manager to assist our growing tax department with all international tax
matters. This position will have exposure to all areas of income tax for our global company, including but not limited to
accounting for income taxes for US GAAP, international tax planning, transfer pricing, and income tax compliance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assists with international tax planning and structuring projects including corporate acquisitions and reorganizations
- Responsible for researching and resolving international tax technical issues that arise during the compliance process
- Manages international tax aspects of quarterly and annual financial tax provisions, including analysis of foreign taxes and US tax impact of foreign income inclusions.
- Manages the review of the international tax portions of the consolidated US Form 1120, including review of Forms
- 5471, 8865, 8858 and Form 1118
- Prepares detailed earnings and profits analysis and calculations of foreign tax credits, Subpart F income, previously taxed income, APB 23, as well as identifies foreign source income
- Reviews and analyzes foreign statutory financial statements and foreign tax returns
- Supports international tax aspects of all examinations in both US and non-US jurisdictions and assists in determining strategies to defend tax positions, including the development of recommendations for Fin 48 reserves
- Experience with ASC 740 reporting for quarterly and annual tax provisions in accordance with US GAAP
- Public accounting experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s in accounting is required or Master’s degree in Accounting or Tax is preferred
- Current CPA/JD license required
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Strong skill set in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent project management skills required
- Ability to work effectively with others and can also work independently
- Roll-up-your sleeves, hands-on attitude and attracted by the challenges and opportunities of working within a rapidly changing, dynamic work environment
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.