Technical Staff Engineer- Imaging Solutions Engineering
The successful candidate will work to become familiar with SOC/FPGA product line of Microchip and provide customer focus solutions, application designs and design services in the area of High Speed protocols and Video Imaging Solutions. The candidate will be responsible for developing RTL designs targeted for Microchip FPGA family of devices and play a critical role in providing a roadmap for High Speed protocol and Imaging solutions like MIPI, HDSDI and Display port for the Microchip products put together design documents, code in RTL to good coding standards, put together functional simulation and validation plans, run functional simulations and validate designs on Microchip or customer hardware.
- Strong knowledge in Imaging and Video Solutions and other High Speed protocol Solutions for end to end customer applications
- Have expertise in at least two of the protocols in Video ( MIPI, HDSI, Display) and one High Speed protocol ( PCIe,JESD, Interlaken) is a plus
- Clear understanding of logic design concepts and timing constraints and closure.
- Solid Verilog/VHDL programming skills
- Ability to develop IPs, write test benches for functional simulation at both system level and block level as needed
- Have the ability to drive complex cross functional debug effort on customer based applications and solutions keeping the solution customer centric.
- Ability to work with Board design team members to drive end hardware solutions.
- Ability to work with various lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, bus analyzers etc.
- Will be expected to work under minimal supervision and demonstrate a high level of ownership.
Qualifications :Requires a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering with a minimum of 10+ years experience.